How to tell what ayurvedic type, or dosha, you are…
find out your dosha with this ayurveda quiz…
What is your body frame like?
How are your joints?
What best describes your weight?
What's your general body temperature like?
What are your eyes like?
What is your complexion most like?
How is your hair?
What are your sleeping patterns?
What is your general disposition?
How do you respond to stress?
- Spend more time outdoors in nature.
- You enjoy sweet, bitter and tart flavors, so eat foods with those sensations. Olive oil is known to alleviate feelings of stress.
- Meditate two times a day to soothe the mind and bring more relaxation to your body.
- Be sure to schedule a time out for yourself every day away from other people and stresses.
- Give yourself a soothing self-massage using herbal oils.
- Wear and surround yourself with soothing fragrances, such as lavender, cinnamon, pine, vanilla, fresh-cut grass, apples, pumpkin and jasmine.
- Wear cooler colors, such as blue, green and whites.
- Drink herbal teas to soothe your spirit.
- Add more physical activity into your daily routine, such as walking.
- Stay physically cool in whatever you do, and try to be more playful in your everyday life.
- Have a bedtime and waking routine, going to bed and waking at the same time every day.
- Meditate two times daily to quiet your mind and create more inner peace.
- Practice yoga often to create a better connection with your body.
- Wear and surround your physical space with relaxing fragrances, such as lavender, chamomile, bergamot, sandalwood, Mandarin orange and jasmine.
- Eat three meals every day; your food should include sweet, sour and salty tastes.
- Give yourself a slow self-massage daily using warm herbal oils.
- Drink herbal teas, which are meant to relax you.
- Create more rhythm and routine in your daily life through morning, afternoon and evening rituals.
- If you start a project be sure to finish it. Leaving it unfinished will leave you with a sense of unbalance.
Share your Results:
Once you determine your dominant Dosha – which is another word for energy or life force – with this dynamic Dosha quiz, you will be able to do those things that bring more balance to all areas of your life.
In Ayurveda there are three Dosha types. While each of us has a combination of the three within our being, one Dosha typically stands out. It is our dominant Dosha.
TAKE THE DOSHA QUIZ.
The three ayurvedic Doshas are:
- Vata (vah-tah) – corresponding to the elements of wind
- Pitta (pit-tah) – corresponding to the elements of fire
- Kapha (kah-fa) – corresponding to the elements of earth
If at some point you developed an illness that ended up affecting your lifestyle, our dosha quiz aims to give you a road map to the most optimal balance and healing. To achieve this, our dosha quiz provides you with your dominant body type, aka dosha.
While taking our dosha Quiz, if two or more qualities apply to your life, choose one that applies to you the most. More importantly, you don’t have to be clever, just be but honest and you will get the greatest benefit.
The choices you make will be obvious, and that’s the whole point of it. If anything, the answers you pick should be more subjective, and honestly answered according to the feelings you had at a certain point in life or according to the reasons you suspect must have triggered some of your actions.
The Vata, for example, is characterized as a creative individual, quick-witted and with a tendency to move a lot and be “on the go.” The Vata typically has a lean body. In contrast, the Kapha is slower moving and may have a large frame or trouble with weight gain.
While yoga, meditation and massage may be a part of the approach to whole-health and healing, taking in the right nutrition and vitamins is of major importance. Herbal compounds that address all three Doshas (a.k.a., tri-Dosha) made from plant-based, organic, non-GMO ingredients can only help your mind, body and spirit come back to center.
When these specially formulated supplements – especially when in elixir formulas – are taken with a healthful diet and mindful exercise program, symptoms such as insomnia, digestive issues, blood flow issues, oral health issues and health concerns with joints and ligaments can be much improved.