All the ingredients required for golden milk are simple and pretty easily accessible at your local grocery or health food store. The ingredients are:
1 cup of organic milk (almond, oat, pea or whole)
1 teaspoon organic turmeric powder
A healthy sprinkle of black pepper
1 tsp or more of ghee (or coconut cream to make it vegan)
Organic honey, stevia or maple syrup
- Over low to medium heat, place the saucepan to heat.
- Add your fresh milk to your saucepan.
- Bring the milk to a low boil. Wait for a while for the milk to boil before proceeding
- Sprinkle black pepper on the low boiling milk
- If you intend on treating sore throat, add a dab of ghee, otherwise ghee is not quite necessary.
- Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Filter your milk from the rest of the ingredients
- Add honey or organic sugar to the warm solution and consume it.
In Ayurveda, honey is considered very medicinal, so we highly recommend the use of this sweetener. In order to maximize the health benefits of this ayurvedic golden milk recipe, you can combine with our Ayurveda liquid supplements, like our rich and nutritious vegetarian bone support elixir Flex Veda (2tsp). You’ll be amazed at the quality of taste, depth and richness. The ingredients in our elixirs are considered to be the most highly researched for quality. They can be trusted to be safe and produce palpable results in your body.